Last week, I wrote a lot about big picture goals and themes of 2026. But, like many of you, we had our share of post-holiday pain points that piled on! So today, let’s do a quick catch up. Here’s what’s been going on lately. *Last week where everything broke, all at once, and all the small annoyances piled up. While we were potty training my toddler, our oven broke, the car got a flat tire, the bumper broke after the car was towed, our garage flooded, and I got food poisoning. Many dollars and repairs later, everything is fixed minus the garage which we still need to trouble shoot to avoid future flooding. There were a lot of days last week where I plopped onto the couch after the kids went to sleep and felt completely wrung out. Fortunately this week is much more routine, and I’m feeling grateful! *It definitely felt cognitively dissonant to spend time setting goals amidst what felt like a less than ideal week, but I think the process of writing about goals and having them fresh in ...
I am so jealous that you have a blog right now while your baby is little!! In fact I'm envious of anyone who has a long running blog throughout the years their kids were young. What a great way to document this kind of stuff! I did, as most people probably do, a pretty terrible job of keeping any sort of baby book. I just first started my blog this spring, so my boys' baby years are long in the past now. I guess if you count Facebook, I did okay- I have posted pretty regularly about most big events of my kids' lives there I would say. So I suppose I have some sort of electronic record at least, though I definitely didn't record the more intimate details there, like first words and favorite books. If you keep your blog up, you will be so happy one day! :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's part of the reason I'm trying to make time to write. I think it will help me to hold on to some of these memories. If I don't stop to think about what Avi's like in a particular moment, it's hard to remember these stages she passes into and out of so quickly!
Deletebeautiful post! I think this pandemic leaves us feeling lost and hopeless but I'm sure when it's all over there will be things that we miss of this period.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great point! Writing here helps me to remember those moments more.
Delete